headlights

Saturday, March 10, 2018


driving home from work
and i'm tired
so so tired
my heart is heavy and i feel like i've been crying for hours.
it was only five minutes.

but the headlights,
hundreds of them blinding me,
are each holding a person with feelings,
stories,
lives,
i knowing nothing about.

how small am i?
who am i to think i am so important?
when my life is only a grain of sand in this vast sea
of headlights
shining back at me.



(sometimes it overwhelms me just how many people i pass and all the stories i will never know. but guys, to JESUS, i am so much more than a headlight. and so are you. )




7 comments:

  1. I think about this often. your writing is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowowowow.

    isn't it the craziest thing to think about?

    hope that you're doing okay, friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. annnnnnnnd you nailed it again wow bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sonder (n) -- the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own." xx

    Hailey
    www.thehardworkingcreative.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the thought is crazily amazing and painfully beautiful all at once. <3 I hope solace comes to you in this hard time and I'm always here if you want/need to talk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It's so true. Your blog posts are always wonderful reminders for me to step back and imagine the big picture all these little mosaic moments make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much truth in this. woah. <3

    ReplyDelete