across the globe

Saturday, January 27, 2018



i had this dream about you the other night.
you came to my work after a long hard day. I had texted you saying how much i missed you.
you gave me yellow flowers and played with my hair and we danced in the parking lot to one of our favorite songs.
as i twirled under the street lights i thought there was no possible way i'd ever feel more in love with you than in that moment.

i woke up with a text from you. "officially landed!" it read.
i knew that even though there'd be no more slow dancing, hand holding, and flower giving, as we lived across the globe from each other,
i'd still always find you when i closed my eyes.
and i know that just as you'd found me, i'd find you.
slowing wrapping you in an embrace, making you promise not to let me go.
"i won't" you'd whisper, and you too would wake up,
missing me.




2 comments:

  1. I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS READING THIS. It's so relatable to my dreams and people I know who live miles away from me. I am touched by these words. "i'd still always find you when i closed my eyes. and i know that just as you'd found me, i'd find you." This part I felt the most when I read. It made me feel hopeful then broken. To many things going through my head right now. <3 LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I thought I commented on this when you first posted it, but I guess my comment didn't work? Anyway this is beautiful and you're beautiful and <3<3<3

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete