the emptiness that haunts me

Friday, February 17, 2017


i don't write
for i have no words
my pen is dry
and my wrist aches
yet still my page is
empty
      empty
            empty
these words
scream
pound
fight
to get out
but still
there's nothing
empty
      empty
            empty
so what can i do
but stare
drowning in my thoughts
unable to release them
unable to breath
without them
empty
      empty
            empty
these words haunt me
suffocate me
consume me
until i'm no more
than the emptiness
that forever follows me
empty 
      empty
            empty
has this become
the song of my heart
or
do i just have to wait
a little bit longer
for my words
to appear
once more




6 comments:

  1. uhg I know this all too well - bro you and i are like brain twins

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't i know it. some days it feels like poison, and i am left empty. so many words erased.
    those are the quiet days. the days i'm in the middle of learning something.
    oi.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this <3

    - Jo

    ReplyDelete